Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Quick and Easy Beauty Tips!

I know you're busy. We all are. BUT.. here are a few quick and easy beauty tips to add to your routine to freshen up your look with almost no effort.

--Brighten your teeth with baking soda and peroxide
In 4th grade, I sat at the end of a hopscotch court (I had to google that, but wikipedia says it's a court). Needless to say, I have some fake teeth because hopscotch involves THROWING ROCKS. I thought I needed a whole new set of choppers to see teeth that didn't resemble corn on the cob after rocking (I'm sorry) these fake teeth for the last 20+ years. Instead of $2,000 - how about $2?

Try this: wet your toothbrush with a small amount of hydrogen peroxide, put a couple tablespoons of baking soda in a small bowl. Dip your damp toothbrush into the baking soda. GENTLY scrub your teeth in circular motions. Rinse your mouth with water, or follow with a regular brushing with toothpaste. 1x/week

--Deep condition your hair at night
My ends are DRY AS A BONE, Y'ALL. I've been bleaching and coloring and ombreing and balayaging my hair for years. To combat the ill effects, I've been known to slick on a little coconut oil on the ends, and tie my hair back into a loose braid. If you tend to have breakouts, you will want to keep the coconut oil to a minimum in case some transfers to your pillow case. If you have dry skin, get your groove on. You can even massage it into your scalp. Just make sure you have plenty of time to shampoo it all out the next morning before you have any planned activities (trust me).

--Try a silk pillowcase
Fine lines and wrinkles and split ends can be minimized by switching from your standard cotton pillow case to a silk pillowcase. The slickness of the fabric helps you to slide around a little better instead of gripping to the cotton, causing creasing and snagging hair and skin. There are so MANY options to choose from out there, from ones containing copper, to antibacterial pillowcases that are perfect for those of us who are more acne prone! This is a very popular trend right now and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon!

--Mix your sunscreen into your moisturizer OR your foundation
It doesn't seem like much, but it's summer time and the humidity is at 400% so your regular full foundation probably isn't happening anyway. YOU NEED (broad spectrum) SUNSCREEN EVERY DAY. I do NOT play about my skincare, and neither should you. You'll be running to us estheticians begging for help with your fine lines and sun spots and we'll be shaking our heads behind your backs. Just kidding. Sort of. Also, slap a little sunscreen on the tops of your hands and your décolleté. The sun hits there too and I don't need anyone asking for my "wisdom" due to my age spots quite yet.

--Try a Korean sheet mask!
These are just fun. I'm not seeing life changing results, but my skin definitely has a soft glow after using these and you get to send horrifying selfies to all your friends while you watch The Bachelorette, which is a very good use of your time...obviously. I'm into the Tony Moly brand masks because they are inexpensive and you can find ones with ridiculous patterns on them like a panda's face (please don't ask me why anyone would want this. I have no idea, but i want it). But, if you're more into high end, Dr. Jart has an incredible hydrating one that is chock full of fancy ingredients but still has the horrifying selfie factor that we all crave.

--Take your vitamins every day!!
You'll feel better and you'll look better. I mean stop it. It doesn't get any easier than this.

These are just a few little things I've been adding in to my routines and they are making a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment